In case you forgot your password to your WordPress blog or it has been compromised, you can perform a manual reset via cPanel. If you have the cPanel login info to your server, then you can certainly do this. If not, ask your web hosting provider to give you your access information.
Are you ready? Here is how to reset or change your WordPress administrator password using cPanel:
- First, log into cPanel.
- Under Databases, click phpMyAdmin.
- Click on the WordPress database from the list given on the panel.
- Click wp_users
- Under user_login you will see the list of registered users. Under the user whose password you wish to reset, click edit.
- Under the user_pass column, clear the value on the far right and replace with what you would like the password to be.
- In the Function drop-down menu, select MD5.
- At the bottom of the page, click GO.
That was really easy right? If you continue to have problems, I can help for a nominal fee. Contact me today!